Sunday, October 29:
- Our adventure begins! Today the SCC San Jose team gathered for team building. We had a fantastic tour of the Winchester Mansion, and then a quite challenging scavenger hunt. Kevin and Ilyas won, with Anne and Princess close behind. Mike, Ronnie and Amanda finished with style in the end! Overall, this was a great day and we quickly established our team rules and game plan for the upcoming week.
- Many thanks to Anne for a super kick-off!
- Tomorrow we are off to meet the client team and the Mayor of San Jose.
Monday, October 30:
- We have a great kick-off session with the Mayor! Off we go into our discovery week.
Tuesday, October 31:
- Interesting dinner in town with all the “Trick-or-Treating” with Halloween. Amanda and Princess did great handing out candy!
Wednesday, Nov 1 – Thursday, Nov 2:
- Our discovery sessions continue. 27+ interviews completed or scheduled. Whew!
- Team getting into sync on our mission and roles. Long days, but fun dinners at night!
- Here is a picture of City Hall and our view from outside our team room on the 12th floor.
Saturday, November 5th:
- We concluded week #1 with a very candid and healthy discussion with our client stakeholder to provide clarity on our mission and proposed deliverables, after gaining much insight during our week of discovery from landlords, tenants and city housing department employees. The IBM team and Housing Dept. Director are now aligned on 5 key deliverables as part of this project on housing affordability. We will start Monday with the research and machine learning team at the IBM Silicon Valley lab and then head into two days of Design Thinking workshops (Tues & Wed) with various user groups / stakeholders.
- The team was able to enjoy some down time on Saturday with a beautiful hike in Big Basin Redwood park. The enormous size of the Redwood trees was truly amazing.